Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smiles

My wonderful, beautiful, simple-minded (and I mean that is the best way) sister really made my day just now. We usually don't talk much when we are both home. We just kind of go about our business with silent passings, but today was differently. Since I've been home from school I've been picking her up from work so that my mom can her work done. The chats are usually superficial, but still shared thoughts none-the-less. I think she could tell I've been a bit stressed lately because as I was walking to my room with entire pint of Turkey Hill chocolate chip cookie dough, she told me I looked really nice today and that she liked my shirt. Now, normally I would go about my business and say thank you, but it really struck a cord with me. I'm currently wearing dark wash straight leg jeans with a plain jane faded brown racer back tank top... nothing special if you catch my drift. I think you might remember before that I've said my sister is mentally challenged and her mind set is along the lines of a 12 year old when it comes to socializing. She says what's on her mind... even if she shouldn't... but she also takes cues from the rest of us. If she sees me notice that my mom is having a bad day she will also notice that I compliment her and tell her she looks pretty today. It almost made me want to cry and give her a huge hug when she gave me that compliment. I truly love her.

From the wise words of The Wedding Date, "You're my half sister, but I whole you."

No comments:

Post a Comment