Tuesday, May 11, 2010

at least i get a day

the boy came and saw me last night after he got home from school. Today is our one year anniversary. let me tell you how funny that is, because I never thought it would happen. the last time i dated someone longer than a year it was freshman and sophomore year of high school.

that same person is no longer talking to me.. who knows why. i'll let him come to me. gotta love ex's right?

but anyway... the boy took me out to breakfast this morning. the greatest thing happened though!

as i've told you numerous times i live in a very small farm town. we don't even have a main street... for that you have to go a town over. still quaint and quiet though, which is always nice. so we get there and these 3 old Italian men (which is not surprising for my town) were sitting at a table. all was fine till the one guy started raising his voice. it seemed to be over some business. words were thrown around... such as asshole, stupid, and idiot. (i know, real sophisticated stuff). one guy got so mad and just walked out... he was pacing back and forth... took off his sweatshirt because i know when i take off my sweatshirt... that means i'm real mad. it reminded me of the animal kingdom... lion starts pacing back and forth staring at his prey... too bad lions don't wear sweatshirts.

I felt so bad for one sane man in the group who had to be in the middle of it. ironically he was the most level headed and was a United States Marine. he tried to pay the check real quick when the woman at the counter pointed out that the other 2 men (the one with Italian-jersey accents) were about to get in a fight. and they almost did. Yet, by the time me and the boy left, the "lion" of the pack was already on his phone, still pacing, must have calmed down a bit... because he managed to put his sweatshirt back on. =P

good times. good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment