Monday, October 1, 2012

Birthday Work Day!

& Happy Birthday to me! Good times.

Tonight, I want to talk about work attire. I see so many articles written and photo shoots shot for what to wear to work... at the office. I'm a photographer. More then that, I'm a photographer who works with kids... So the hot heels and pencil skirt is just not going to cut it for me.

Thanks to a wonderful store called Express, I have found the perfect work pants. They are sleek, comfortable, and professional. I have bought 3 pairs of these pants in black, 2 skinnies and 1 boot cut, and I wear them every day I work.

Next, the shoes. my choices are brown and black. I choose Sperry's because they are comfortable and easy to slip on, but I'd really like a nice pair of comfortable oxford. Much more professional rather then nautical (not that I'm getting sick of it or anything).

These 2 things are my staples. Every day I wear them to work & any other creativity found in my outfit will just have to be from the waist up.

This brings us to today's birthday suit!


Granted, this is me after a very long hard days work.

I wanted something fun, friendly, and professional.
I chose a Ralph Lauren no iron button up with a polka-dotted J.Crew button up sweater. It was awesome. It was only awesome because the only reason it all came together was because I was cold. This is a fact. Then I caught myself in a door reflection and realized it was meant to be. Especially because it was on my birthday.

Now I'm just rambling.

Now to figure out what else I can pair with my staples. I'll let you know what I figure out for tomorrow.

Good night all.

xoxo Meila

No comments:

Post a Comment