Monday, September 24, 2012

One more time?

& I'm back... again. We're gonna try to make this a once a week... or more often... thing. One thing I'd really like to chat about is how I've recognized that I'm actually growing up.


This is going to sound seriously vain, but I first noticed my maturing by seeing my closet, I was buying much more JCrew and much less Forever21. Now that my money is hard earned from a full time job that will hopefully end up being my career, I take a lot more pride in what I wear. The clothes are nicer, better fitting, and well worth the price increase.


I've also discovered that it's possible to be preppy & unique without being an Abercrombie clone. My style has become prepster chic with a twist that both Zooey Deschanel and Ellen Degeneres would appreciate. It's a nerdy retro style I can wake up in, but don't get me wrong.. I still have my comfy side.

Yet, I have to admit.. even my lounge wear took an upgrade. Of course, I kept my Victoria's Secret yoga pants, but my high school cheerleading sweatshirt got the ultimate face lift.

When I went into the JCrew outlet today to get my replacement sweater (Long story short: It got shrunk in the wash. Sad face.) I found the softest sweatshirt on the planet in the men's section! I got it in medium and I don't even have to worry about giving it back to guy who let me borrow it because it is mine... all mine.


Sweet victory. =)

So go ahead. Spend a little more... Your mind and wallet (yes I said wallet) will thank you in the long run.

& so will your confidence.

xoxo Meila

No comments:

Post a Comment