Friday, April 13, 2012

The Soreness of It All!!

I woke up this morning in my second day soreness. You know how when you workout really hard and you feel great, but then the next day you're feeling it, but it's not so bad? This is the second day.... when you feel it and it IS that bad.

My arms hurt, my legs hurt, my butt hurts (thank you squats) and this doubled with my fibromyalsia, is already hindering on my day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm LOVING every minute of this. I haven't felt this kind of soreness since cheerleading in college. You know you are working hard when it hurts to move =P.

Also, an amazing thing happened yesterday. Since my last hospital visit I've been going to physical therapy to try and get my body back to the shape it was in before I got sick (it'll be 4 years ago this summer). Because my joints need more muscle around them before I can fully run on the road, I've been running in an Alter G Treadmill. This thing is amazing.

This thing is the coolest. You get on these funny looking short that are a mix between wetsuit shorts and a tutu and you get zipped into the hole you see in the middle there. Then you press start and the whole thing blows up around your legs. It takes a minute or so to calculate your weight and everything. Then you start your settings. Right now I'm running on 70% of my body weight and next week it will be 75%.

The AMAZING thing you've all been waiting for. I ran on this treadmill for 20 MINUTES!! Now most of you are like... really? That's all?
When I told my family they couldn't believe it. Some of my friends thought I was lying. I haven't run for that long since before I got sick. Now, I told you how long I've been sick. AMAZING. I looked like a hot red faced mess and it was AWESOME. I'm using a lot of caps due to my overwhelming excitement so bare with me.

Now, I just have to get through my soreness. Remember how great I did yesterday and know that I can push through everything... even if my abs are crying for me to stop =)

Hope you all are reaching your goals as well!

xoxo Meila

P.S. -


No comments:

Post a Comment