Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Making Happiness


Boy, has it been a long time since I've posted. I'm terribly sorry about. Things have been a little crazy in my life to say the least. I had an epiphany today though thanks to a great cup of coffee, Betty Crocker Muffins, and SELF magazine.

I woke up this morning in my usual state, not wanting to get out of bed, but not tired anymore. I decided I wanted to brighten up my day with a bit of baking. I decided to make Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel muffins. Let me tell you they are magnificent. Of course, I can't eat a whole batch by myself so I gave some to my parents office and then rest (only 8) will be going to the guys at the firehouse. It felt really good to give and know I was putting a smile on someones face.

While I was waiting for the muffins to bake I was reading one of my favorite magazines, SELF. I love it. It's filled with great tips and advice about health, wellness, fitness, and every now and then fashion. There was an article that immediately caught my attention with a picture of an adorable little pig. Now, as a girl who lives in the country and loves all things cute, this immediately put a smile on my face.

The author went on to explain how she was brought into a kind of temporary depression because of a 3 week long bout of rain. I realized with my 3 year long battle with my health I had gone into the same thing. Not exactly depressed, but not exactly looking on the bright side either. She said she noticed an immediate change when she saw a potbelly pig! It's the little things I tell you. The little things.

By the end of the article they were telling me how I can train, yes train like you are at the gym, you brain to be optimistic and make yourself happy even in a sad moment.

This article truly inspired me to go out and try it today.

I hate to promote things, but if you have been feeling down lately because of a break-up, your job, or whatever maybe you should give this article a read. It's in the newest issue of SELF, the one with Carrie Underwood on the cover (love her).

I will say that as I am not a professional by any means, please do not take this as anymore then it was a great article. If you feel you need more you should certainly seek professional help.


Have a wonderful Tuesday =)

xoxo Meila

No comments:

Post a Comment